Live Business Chat
2014 Apr 23, 05:45:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Some accounts got accidentally deleted by anti-spam software during a spammer attack on this forum. Please re-register. If you have trouble, contact badon or tamo42 in the chat. This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. You won't be able to see all forums at first. You have to register to see more forums. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiPar works on PCBSD 9.0  (Read 942 times)
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2012 Feb 01, 01:23:28 am »

Hey everyone, PCBSD 9.0 is out, and I'm happy to report that it's everything I always wished an open source OS could be.......and, MultiPar installs and runs right out of the box! How is that possible? Well, PCBSD has Wine installed and configured for you, so you can run many Windows programs from within PCBSD! AMAZING!!

Get it here:

http://www.pcbsd.org/

I found just one minor quirk when running it on PCBSD under Wine:

* When clicking on .par2 files, MultiPar will load up the directory as /home/some user/some directory/\ It's that trailing backslash that causes the problem. It reads the par2 file fine, but can't find the actual data. If the director were editable, I could just delete the trailing backslash and try again.

Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum).
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
china-mint.info forum.
LBC makes you rich.
FreeArc is amazing!
Donate.
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #1 on: 2012 Feb 01, 01:41:49 am »

UPDATE: This minor quirk no longer exists. I just tested the newest 1.2.0.0 release, and it works fine now. Thanks Yutaka Sawada!

Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum).
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
china-mint.info forum.
LBC makes you rich.
FreeArc is amazing!
Donate.
Yutaka Sawada
Mogul

« Reply #2 on: 2012 Feb 04, 01:45:06 am »

It's that trailing backslash that causes the problem

I made MultiPar to run under a naming rule of Windows OS. (it looks quirk from other OS users) If you supply strange input, the output is something un-tested. I cannot test myself, as I am using Windows OS. In your case, sanitizing routine might work, but I am not sure. You may send or post a log of creation and verification, then I can confirm what is happen and what to do.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: