Live Business Chat
2015 Sep 11, 05:22:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information. We don't like spam. If your first posts are about something you want from us, it is probably spam, and you will be banned in forums worldwide. No soliciting! If you have problems with the forum, contact badon in the business chat.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Stock Market Trades - Week of Sep 19, 2011  (Read 823 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2011 Sep 20, 01:53:34 pm »

Just sold some ANV October $35 puts for $0.25. I like the chart a lot and would have bought calls instead, but they are pretty expensive on this stock.

I dislike having contracts out there for a month, so I'll buy these back when profitable.

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Sep 20, 02:12:04 pm »

Oh, and that was for a 7.14% return on margin required. So I'll probably buy back for a 3 or 4% profit as quickly as possible.

Neal McSpadden
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
smbgaiden
Entrepreneur

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Sep 20, 03:18:06 pm »

Sold some naked SPRD calls where I perceive resistance at $24 strike out next month for $0.65. Today seemed to put a 'shooting star' hoping for confirmation tomorrow. Possible exit points for me are: breaching my perceived resistance, on a fast profit similar to your thoughts with ANV, or unlikely event the chart flattens out then will exit during expiry. Methods to close will vary from buying the calls back, buying the stock, or letting them expire/assign.
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #3 on: 2011 Sep 20, 03:23:00 pm »

SPRD has been crazy lately! I've been on the ride for months and finally got off on this past market surge.

Neal McSpadden
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #4 on: 2011 Sep 21, 11:58:40 am »

I just bought a few out of the money weekly calls on SPY just in case the Fed comes out with "good" news and stocks jump. My SPY puts are still sitting there at about 60% of what I paid for them. My expectation is that the news will be "bad" and the markets will tank, but I like having cheap insurance in case I am wrong!

Neal McSpadden
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #5 on: 2011 Sep 22, 12:20:11 pm »

...And the market falls apart. My SPY puts are making money, but the puts I sold on ANV are losing money. ANV has had a very extreme reaction to the market fluctuation. ANV has gone outside its bollinger bands, so I'll probably cut my losses tomorrow on a bounce, and then manage the position to the downside.

This is a good point to keep in mind, a trade is not necessarily the same as a transaction. A trade might have multiple steps to it, some profitable, others not.

Neal McSpadden
smbgaiden
Entrepreneur

« Reply #6 on: 2011 Sep 22, 03:31:05 pm »

Busy day.

Exited the SPRD naked calls for lunch money funds.
Daytraded and closed BRKA long for a funny experience.
Opened an overnight long on MOBI for a nervous awakening tomorrow.
Daytraded and closed TBT long for dinner money funds.
Bought some CGR long for keeping a while.

And in hindsight, happy with the NSU getting called away at a selling price of 6.9.
smbgaiden
Entrepreneur

« Reply #7 on: 2011 Sep 23, 08:23:19 am »

Sold mobi.
Replaced with slv @ 32.35.
Bought NGDAF @ 4.09
« Last Edit: 2011 Sep 23, 08:34:05 am by smbgaiden » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: