Live Business Chat
2015 Sep 10, 12:57:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Several registration problems were fixed on 2015-03-17, including one potential account security issue. If you had difficulty registering before that date, please try again, and contact badon in the business chat if it doesn't work for you. Hotmail is having problems, so try another email service if you never receive any activation or notification emails from the forum. If you succeeded in registering before 2015-03-17, it is recommended that you login and change your password immediately on your profile page using the Account Related Settings link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Stock Market Trades - Week of Sep 6, 2011  (Read 1645 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2011 Sep 07, 12:24:41 pm »

I sold a few $135 puts on BIDU today. I think they went for $0.37 per contract and a 2.8% return on margin required if they expire worthless. The contracts expire Friday.

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
arksight
Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Sep 07, 09:00:18 pm »

Smiley Nice trade as BIDU rised right after your entry. already $ .15 per contract gain in your pocket. unless there is another buy the rumor sell the news coming, it's unlikely to drop 7+% just in two days looking at the bollinger bands and rsi (imo)... but the volume these two days are very low, plus the MACD and Money flow indicates a down trend.  (two days, 15 min interval)
Are you bull on BIDU or just because it has a higher premium? 
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Sep 07, 09:09:36 pm »

Yeah, I thought about closing it out today, but... well... forgot Smiley

I am moderately bullish on BIDU for at least the next market cycle. I'm a swing trader so I look at the 6-month to 1-week trends. The stock bounced off its long term upward trending moving average, and successfully held a higher high and higher low since then.

Neal McSpadden
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #3 on: 2011 Sep 07, 09:11:23 pm »

Incidentally, these stock market discussions have inspired me to do a little business experiment in building a niche website about these kinds of trading strategies.  I'll be sharing more details later.

Neal McSpadden
arksight
Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: 2011 Sep 07, 10:13:42 pm »

Cool! would love to see that! I also trade options, and have been seeking strategies that would work in both bull/bear market.   
smbgaiden
Entrepreneur

« Reply #5 on: 2011 Sep 07, 11:13:29 pm »

Miners have been remarkably strong recently. It is a bittersweet thing for me, since I had sold some covered calls on a thinly traded issue (amongst others) and some of these were assigned. Thankfully, the exercise was profitable and did not sell out the long term capital gains eligible shares. Plan going forward is to re-buy the position into weakness. Unfortunately, weakness is not guaranteed!
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #6 on: 2011 Sep 07, 11:14:32 pm »

I've only been watching NGD since that's what I had a position in. What miners are you playing?

Neal McSpadden
smbgaiden
Entrepreneur

« Reply #7 on: 2011 Sep 07, 11:20:34 pm »

I have NGD with buys at approximately $0.95, $0.85, $7.5 (this year), and $10.05 (this year).

I am getting assigned on my covered calls in NSU (happened on two different days, expiry is Sept `11).

Own AEM, CGR, Some NGD B warrants, DGP ETF, and from short time to time I own or sell DZZ.
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #8 on: 2011 Sep 07, 11:26:21 pm »

Hmm, 1300% return isn't too shabby Smiley

All of those charts look like they've been on a tear. I know what you are saying about weakness. I wouldn't buy any of those charts at this point, but hopefully later!

Neal McSpadden
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #9 on: 2011 Sep 08, 12:08:26 am »

Here's the start of my niche site topic: http://www.livebusinesschat.com/smf/index.php?topic=4755.new;boardseen#new

Neal McSpadden
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: