Live Business Chat
2015 Sep 12, 05:26:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information. We don't like spam. If your first posts are about something you want from us, it is probably spam, and you will be banned in forums worldwide. No soliciting! If you have problems with the forum, contact badon in the business chat.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Follow Warren Buffet  (Read 754 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2011 Aug 30, 03:07:32 pm »

There has been a lot made out of the announcement recently that Warren Buffet bought some stock in Bank of America. The next day, BOA stock shot up at the open and dropped the rest of the day.

These people are suckers.

These people were following the reasoning "Well Warren is a legenday investor, so he must know what he's doing. I'm going to do the same thing."

Again, these people are suckers.

I can hear you saying it, "Why are they suckers." Fair enough, I will answer. It's the second part of their reasoning that is faulty. Buying the common shares of BOA is not the same thing as Warren Buffets' preferred shares that provide a fixed dividend, warrantable stock, and political leverage.

As I've stated in the past, everyone is looking out for himself. The fact that Buffet has the market clout to engineer what I'm sure will end up being a good deal for himself has nothing to do with you or I buying common shares on the open market. This is just like Buffets' 10% yield preferred stock in Goldman Sachs has nothing to do with buying GS stock.

This is yet another reason why blindly following someone, anyone, is so dangerous. You must understand why you are doing what you are doing.

In other words, do you own due diligence (again).

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
dobedo
Mogul

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Aug 30, 06:06:25 pm »

Tamo's got a good point. So, how about buying BRK instead?
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Aug 30, 06:22:03 pm »

BRKa hasn't been doing well in recent years.

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #3 on: 2011 Aug 30, 08:24:57 pm »

I would NOT be buying Warren Buffets toilet paper.  The market is highly unstable/volatile and will continue to be so unto the future due to gross mismanagement, manipulation, greed,fear, HFT, insider info, flash crash, options expiry etc...etc...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: