Live Business Chat
2015 Sep 11, 07:26:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information. We don't like spam. If your first posts are about something you want from us, it is probably spam, and you will be banned in forums worldwide. No soliciting! If you have problems with the forum, contact badon in the business chat.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Chinese coin investments commentary #63 - Ebay is a gold mine  (Read 1782 times)
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« on: 2011 Aug 28, 12:34:32 pm »

You can find the current investment list article in badon's blog.

The market is getting exciting. A few hours ago, a 1989 3.3 oz silver clear claw god of war & wealth NGC PF 69 UC sold for $6500 in the Hong Kong Champion auction after very aggressive bidding by in-person bidders. Online bidders were blown away - Not a single one was able to get a bid in (I tried, and failed). Prices started at $1000 and exploded within seconds to $4000, and then sprinted all the way to $6000 before there was any hint of hesitation by the bidders. They wanted that coin, and they wanted it bad.

The whole time, the exact same coin had been sitting on LBC's Ebay list for a month, priced at only $1500. It was purchased from the list within minutes after the $6500 sale. What does this tell you?

EBAY IS A GOLD MINE!

Ebay is primarily a Western market. It's hard for Chinese buyers to buy from Ebay due to language barriers, payment difficulties, and seller restrictions. Ebay was leading the market during the slowdown, but now that the slowdown is over, it needs to catch up to the Eastern market. That makes ebay coins a great buy.

Arbitragers will start buying coins from Ebay, and moving them to China. That will push up Ebay prices within a few weeks. Your strategy should be to buy up Ebay's inventory of coins before sellers raise prices, pull their inventory down, or before supply otherwise dries up. There is no time left. The process started a few hours ago, and if you want a bigger piece of the pie, you have to start buying NOW.

Once the coins are gone, you have to enter the market at higher prices, and already many of the coins are too expensive for most people to afford. If you ride the coins upward, you'll already have a foothold in the market, and able to avoid being priced out of it. When you sell your coins, you'll have enough cash to buy coins that you wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise.

The train is leaving. Your foot is in the door. Are you going to hustle to get on, or are you going to get squeezed out and let it pass you by? It's decision time.

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
dobedo
Mogul

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Aug 28, 03:35:08 pm »

"The train is leaving. Your foot is in the door. Are you going to hustle to get on, or are you going to get squeezed out and let it pass you by? It's decision time."
Do you mean that the summer slowdown is now officially over, or just that summer is about over?  Smiley
BTW, the train in China I heard isn't very safe. They just has a pretty bad crash there recently Sad
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Aug 28, 04:03:56 pm »

I think the slowdown was "over" when we passed the peak of it during July. It's a spectrum, so there isn't really any better way to define it. Since then, all that's been happening are increasing prices, and decreasing supply. After that, supply will go to zero, prices will become wishful on the part of the seller, and a new summer slowdown will begin next year.

The trick is to buy as much of the good stuff as you can before we reach the peak of the busy season. You make more or less instant profits that way, which gives you room to move if you want to sell so you can buy something different.

If you wait until the peak of the busy season to buy coins, then you get "cornered" where you can't sell so easily at an increased price to buy other coins. So, instead of your investment portfolio growing under it's own power, you have to supply it with your outside income to keep it growing.

Remember that prices don't necessarily drop during a slowdown, so it's not as bad as it sounds. It's all about being able to move easily. Making good buying decisions now will give you the ability to move to the next hot area of the market without penalty. Making poor buying decisions, or not buying at all, will impose a cost to changing your holdings, instead of the profit you would earn otherwise.

Fortunately, it's a winning market, so it's really hard to do this wrong. Maybe even impossible, if you stick to rare coins. Still, you can always do better, which involves being smart and buying when the  buying is good.

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: