Live Business Chat
2015 Sep 12, 05:07:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information. We don't like spam. If your first posts are about something you want from us, it is probably spam, and you will be banned in forums worldwide. No soliciting! If you have problems with the forum, contact badon in the business chat.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Just In: Radiation is Bad and People are Complacent  (Read 1000 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2011 Jun 29, 10:57:44 pm »

Two different bits of news have really grabbed my attention this week. The first is that the slowly exploding nuclear disaster in Fukushima, Japan has officially reached oh-my-god-awful levels. The response of the people and government of Japan? Give the kiddies radiation meters so they know when they've had too much.

The second piece is, I think, more interesting as it involves the state cannibalizing itself. It seems those TSA workers (officially called TSOs) are getting a bit antsy about those nekkid picture machines. It seems that a lot of TSOs at the Boston airport have been getting cancer recently. The TSOs in Atlanta have also filed a complaint with their higher-ups. This was all obtained from a Freedom of Information Act request that the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) filed. Of course, the TSA refused the request, so a lawsuit was launched. Last week, EPIC finally got ahold of some of these intra-agency emails. The TSA seems to have changed its tune from, "These are perfectly safe devices" to, "Yeah, you should probably wear lead aprons if you are around them." Here's a link to the emails.

With that as the background, what sort of commentary can I add that will shed light upon the investment and business climate of the world.

Here it is: People are sheeple, and sheeple are... "complacent" is the polite word

People go around believing whatever they are told. Let me ask you, if a nuclear power facility melted down within, oh... 50 miles of you... would you hang out and wait to see what the government told you about the situation? If you would, you're a sheeple. This is clearly a bug-out situation. Maybe it ends up being not that big a deal, but maybe not. The people who are still anywhere near Fukushima are screaming morons. If you have to wear a radiation badge because you are concerned, you are too close!. As it happens, my father was a nuclear engineer for most of his career, so I asked him about the various levels of danger in such an incident. With the levels that are now being reported in the vicinity (1 Sievert/hr), you're basically dead within 2 hours of exposure. You might linger for a couple days as your bowels die first, but you're a goner.

Similarly, the so-called alternative media has been ablaze with reports countering the claims of safety put out by the government. Now it seems there is a lot of merit to those reports. If you've been going through the backscatter raditiation machines, you're probably a sheeple.

The bottom line is this: the people running things are generally not your friends. They have their own interests, and whatever they may be, they are looking out for those interests. You, as an LBC reader and thinking human being, need to look out for your own interests. That might mean disbelieving reports about inflation and protecting yourself with precious metals. It might mean that you view the future with an eye towards social instability and protect yourself with a high degree of mobility. It might mean lots of things (Feel free to share them below!). But nobody is going to do it for you. As I have said over and over again in many different posts, see reality as it is. Sheeple are either too complacent or too naive to do so.

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Jun 30, 12:11:37 am »

Absolutely, Our Gov. has not and will not be totally honest to us unless the information somehow got leaked and those in power know they cant get away with it then they will use damage control to deflect and spin the blame.  How can we trust a Gov. when they have repeatedly failed in their fiduciary duty to serve and protect We the people?  Just look up why the EPA turned off their radiation sensors on the west coast. 

Be careful who you believe (I believe you Tamo42).  Back in the early 2000's our Gov. would have us believe Saddam had and will use WMD's.  Because of this lie America has lost over 3,000+ lives, 24,000+ aumputees from IED's, unknown number of soldiers returning home with PTSD, killing and displacing millions of innocent civilians, Trillions of dollars wasted when every min. a American dies b/c they dont have medicine or access to healthcare.  All to make a select few families FABULOUSLY RICH BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS  (Military-Security Industrial Complex).  

This lack of apathy make me SICK while everday Americans are bombarded with entertainment.  
« Last Edit: 2011 Jun 30, 12:22:13 am by GhostRider808 » Logged
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Jun 30, 12:16:15 pm »

It's very easy to be believed when you tell people "here are my ideas, but think for yourself!" Smiley

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
r3globe
Mogul

« Reply #3 on: 2011 Jun 30, 03:39:42 pm »

ba'a ba'a ba'a
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #4 on: 2011 Jul 01, 05:55:24 am »

Very nice!  

"A 93 square mile wildfire has approached the perimeter of the Los Alamos nuclear lab in New Mexico. Authorities are warning that this wildfire could soon double or triple in size and an all-out effort is being made to fight it.

Right now the major concern is that the raging wildfire could threaten a dump site where an estimated 20,000 55-gallon drums of nuclear waste are being stored."

Also

"The Nuclear Regulatory Commission insists that there is nothing to worry about, but it is also being reported that flood waters are literally “at the door” of the primary buildings.

Yes, this is not going to be another Fukushima, but it is a very, very serious situation. The American people deserve to be told about what is happening. The potential for nuclear disaster is great."

They say, theres nothing to worry about BUT isnt it the same thing they told us about Japan?  

Some interesting tibits about Fukushima "By way of comparison, the Chernobyl nuclear disaster that occured in 1986 in the Ukraine, Russia- heretofore the worst nuclear disaster on record- burned for 10 days and cumulatively killed an estimated 1 million people worldwide. The Fukushima, Japan nuclear disaster has 5 nuclear reactors burning, 2 in partial meltdown and 3 in full meltdown- and they’ve ALL been uncontrollably burning since March 11th. Its been over 3 months and this nuclear disaster remains completely out of control. In fact, some industry estimates cite the possibility that these meltdowns will be contained (optimistically) in 1-3 years, at the very earliest."

If the above is true then,

Chernobyl killed one million people worldwide and burned for ten days?  
Fukushima has been burning for almost 3 months!  and killed...to be continued...BTW, anyone knows whats going on in the NFL lockout discussions?  *rolls eye* 

http://pecangroup.org/archives/3170
pandahalves
Planner

« Reply #5 on: 2011 Jul 02, 10:03:51 am »

Radiation is Baaaaahd.
rollerball
Almost Nobody

« Reply #6 on: 2011 Jul 04, 11:41:22 am »

This  is a timely thread that has been started.. i find it rather ironic that as i am writing this i am also watching nathans hot dog eating contest in coney island ..i guess we all need a break from reality now and then..thanks to all posters as it seems you all have a pretty good grip on what is going on around the world...i am a farmer by trade and have been for forty years..so weather has been a big part of my life..which  goes hand in hand that i watch natural disasters quite intently...the frequency as of late is certainly something of concern...while i may dodge a big bullett i am quite convinced that my kids and grankids might not be so lucky..we must all stay vigilant and forget a government of being very responsive and honest..ive never had good response from my bankruprt relatives in times of crisis..a very informative weather website that i read is weatherunderground...there is a blog on there from dr. jeff masters that is quite infromative and scientific...keep up the good work everyone///

badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #7 on: 2011 Jul 08, 09:54:07 pm »

Thanks for the kind words rollerball. I almost never read the news, but I really don't have to because I know tamo42 will tell me if anything interesting is going on Smiley

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: