Live Business Chat
2015 Oct 11, 02:15:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information. We don't like spam. If your first posts are about something you want from us, it is probably spam, and you will be banned in forums worldwide. No soliciting! If you have problems with the forum, contact badon in the business chat.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Civil Unrest, Coming to a City Near You  (Read 1926 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2011 Feb 23, 08:49:46 am »

This is one of those posts that I really hate to write because it is such a depressing topic.

As I'm sure all of you have heard by now, the government unions have been protesting in Wisconsin over what amounts to a pay cut. They seem to feel very strongly that they shouldn't have to endure such hard times.

What you may not have heard about are the similar proposals being announced in Florida, and just this morning 4 (out of 5) homemade bombs exploded in a Home Depot parking lot this morning. Those great, unwashed masses are starting to get fed up. They are starting to take action. We will be in for a very volatile decade.

Oh, and just as a reminder, here are some global events that have happened recently that also deal with unrest:

Ireland - government failed
Jordan - government dismissed
Tunisia - revolution
Egypt - revolution
Libya - revolution (ongoing)
Bahrain - protests & violence
Yemen - protests & violence
Saudi Arabia - planned protests
South Korea - bank runs
Germany - elections going heavily against Merkel's policies
China - government crackdown on planned protests

And when I talk about protests here, I'm talking about massive protests. I'm not even counting the piddly ones of only a couple thousand.

So what is the takeaway message? Get your S*$^ together. Be prepared for whatever may happen.

* Obey Fist.jpg (33.4 KB, 300x225 - viewed 737 times.)

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Feb 23, 01:50:43 pm »

Thanks for the overview of world events. That's 11 countries that are in or near chaos! I didn't realize there were so many...

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Feb 23, 02:29:04 pm »

Im glad someone was connecting the dots as i thought i was one of the few that knew about what you just shared with us  =0
« Last Edit: 2011 Feb 23, 02:34:22 pm by badon » Logged
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #3 on: 2011 Feb 23, 02:33:53 pm »

It's good to know you are not alone in being concerned about the world. In the long run I think historians will look back on this time as the beginning of the end for the nation state.

Neal McSpadden
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #4 on: 2011 Feb 23, 02:34:29 pm »

Oh, and the 11 I listed are certainly not the only protests and unrest going, just the biggest. 

Neal McSpadden
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #5 on: 2011 Feb 23, 02:35:33 pm »

In the long run I think historians will look back on this time as the beginning of the end for the nation state.

Why do you say that?

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #6 on: 2011 Feb 23, 02:56:07 pm »

Why do you say that?

+ 1
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #7 on: 2011 Feb 23, 03:49:07 pm »

Thought I'd share something every Americans should know and understand the truth: 

Time magazine June 8, 1936: Never before have bond prices been so high, bond yields so low. At first interest rates declined because there was less demand from businessmen for money, a normal depression phenomenon. Since the New Deal, however, the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Board, working in close harmony, have borne down on the money market with every available credit control, chiefly those whose manipulation tends to build up big bank reserves. One purpose of this easy money policy was to make private borrowing cheap, the hoary formula for reviving depressed business. So far U. S. businessmen have done little new borrowing, though they have taken advantage of the cheap money to refund billions of old securities at lower rates. Another and more important reason for the Administration's easy money policy was to make Government borrowing cheap. Meantime, commercial bankers have had a curious change of heart about Government bonds. Instead of predicting the imminent collapse of Government credit through New Deal spending, they are now buying long-term Treasury issues as fast as they can. And this argument is used by both commercial bankers, who are buying Government bonds because they can find no other outlet for their funds, and by investment bankers, who would like to see a cheap money era prolonged because it makes for a good bond market.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,756263-2,00.html
In 1936 the Fed was able to monetize debt, as they are currently doing, until the bond market had a minicollapse in September. Inflation soared into 1937.
At first stocks loved the inflation but eventually inflation squeezes margins and consumers, so solons must react. Stocks tanked 49% from March 1937 to April 1938. The DJIA declined 40% in only ten weeks into November 1937. Commodities tanked with stocks.
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #8 on: 2011 Feb 23, 04:26:19 pm »

Well this goes into very obscure territory, but here goes...

The nation state exists as an intangible structure for human organization. It was the end of a long line of ever more complicated such organization, starting with family tribes, through clans, into city states, up to nations, and finally arriving at the nation state. Each of these stages were broader and less tightly knit than the stage that came before it.

All of these methods of organization served a few purposes, mainly cultural unity and security.

In the 20th century, the nation state reached its zenith during which nation state fought nation state, and a new function, welfare, began to be provided.

Fast forward to today and the near future. Wars are instigated by cellular private entities very cheaply. People can communicate instantly across the world for free, and cultural barriers are falling. The welfare function of the state is bankrupting the state.

So all three major functions of the state are being eliminated. The state doesn't provide security, doesn't engender a cultural indentity, and doesn't (or won't in the near future) provide welfare.

In 50 years the nation states will probably still exist as skeletons of their current selves. In 150 years, humanity will probably have some different, much more fluid method of organizing itself.

Neal McSpadden
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #9 on: 2011 Feb 23, 09:34:44 pm »

Interesting idea tamo42. I have foreseen something like this, so I was kind of surprised to see you mention it.

Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: