Live Business Chat
2015 Oct 23, 07:49:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Several registration problems were fixed on 2015-03-17, including one potential account security issue. If you had difficulty registering before that date, please try again, and contact badon in the business chat if it doesn't work for you. Hotmail is having problems, so try another email service if you never receive any activation or notification emails from the forum. If you succeeded in registering before 2015-03-17, it is recommended that you login and change your password immediately on your profile page using the Account Related Settings link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Trouble in Big China, and What it Means for Silver and Gold  (Read 1199 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2011 Feb 20, 08:03:04 pm »

The latest word involving inflation, revolution, and precious metals comes from China. It seems that several ex-pat Chinese groups have been trying to get people inside China out into the streets. They are calling the Middle East revolutions the "Jasmine Revolution." Chinese government types, in response, have censored the word "jasmine" in all Chinese internet traffic.

Why does this matter?

China is an economic powerhouse. They just passed Japan for the #2 spot in the world. China is the largest gold and silver consumer in the world. China is also the largest gold producer in the world. Now take those facts and add to them this: hyperinflationary collapse is within memory of the eldest generation. Chiang Kai Shek didn't lose power to Mao Zedung because the republican government under Chiang was responsible. Chiang went through the standard wealth-destroying moves we see today. Inflating the currency so much that, after a while, the whole thing collapsed. Prices moved too quickly to be able to rely on what you did yesterday. Economic activity ground to a halt, massive unemployment, poverty, and hunger resulted. Into that void strode a new leader with new ideas, Mao. Get enough angry young men on your side, and you will always win.

The current Chinese leaders know all this. They were there last time, but now they are on the other side. They are terrified of food prices going up 25% in a month like some foods have recently. Their response is to shut it down as hard as they can. They censor the internet, they stop reporting certain housing statistics, they put price controls on food.

None of these moves will work in the long run.

So what do the Chinese people, those that have seen this all before over and over again throughout their history, do? They buy as much hard assets as they can. They buy gold, and when that gets too expensive, they buy silver. They buy modern Chinese coins. They buy anything and everything they can get their hands on.

When this many people buy, it has an effect on world prices. How are you poised to ride the Chinese buying dragon?
« Last Edit: 2011 Feb 20, 08:20:02 pm by tamo42 » Logged

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Feb 21, 07:07:30 am »

Tamo42,

Just wanted to share something:

According to Jim Rogers, " Commodities will NOT FAIL.  In the end it will be a bubble but were far FAR from it.  China will become the next Superpower whether we Americans like it or not". Ive learned from studying History that whichever Country wants to become a Superpower needs Commodities.  How else are they going to make weapons/bridges/computers/pay for politicians/throw lavish parties while laughing at us etc...etc? 

Unfortunately the masses of Americans don't care or know whats going on on some of the most important issues facing us, you see...Jim Rogers does not want to leave behind a world or unrest/conflicts/wars to his two daughters.  He didnt like what was going on in America so sold his Million Dollar Loft in NY and moved to China so his kids could learn Chinese.

I firmly believe rich people stay rich for a reason since I've lived as a poor man once but learned their are two laws.  One for the Rich and for the rest of us.  Besides since I've been listening to him I've made over 100% ROI on RJA Options Strike Price $11 and over 40% on some of my Modern Chinese Coin Collection and started investing in Silver under $18.  Im glad i found out about LBC cause yahl think like I do for the most part and yahl got some interesting and truthful news articles on the Economy-some geopolitics which I feel is super important too and how we should Invest based on condition on the ground, Cheers. 

GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Feb 21, 08:07:35 am »

What the public rare sees/reads and LBC members get it 1st:

TRIPOLI/MANAMA - Violent unrest against Libya's Muammar Gaddafi spread to the capital Tripoli on Sunday and his son vowed to fight until the "last man standing" after scores of protesters were killed in the east of the country.
  - - - -
  ASADABAD, Afghanistan - More than 60 civilians, including women and children, were killed in four days of operations by NATO-led troops and Afghan forces in eastern Afghanistan, a provincial governor said on Sunday.
   - - - -
  KAMPALA - Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni, one of Africa's longest serving leaders, won election to a fourth term in office by a huge margin on Sunday but the opposition rejected the outcome.
  - - - -
  TRIPOLI - Libya's unrest spread to the capital Tripoli on Sunday after scores of protesters were killed in the second city Benghazi, which appeared to have slipped out of control of forces loyal to strongman Muammar Gaddafi.
  - - - -
  MANAMA - Bahrain's opposition parties met on Sunday to discuss demands they will present to the Gulf Arab country's rulers, as protesters gathered in a central Manama square clamouring for immediate political change.
  - - - -
  WASHINGTON - Senior U.S. Senate Democrats slammed Republicans on Sunday for a "reckless" threat to shut down the government amid deepening political posturing on both sides over federal spending and the budget deficit.
  - - - -
  HAMBURG - Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats suffered a crushing defeat in a regional election in the northern German city-state of Hamburg on Sunday that will make it harder for her coalition to pass laws.
  - - - -
  TUNIS - Tens of thousands of people defied security forces on Sunday to rally in the Tunisian capital calling for a new interim government, a Reuters witness said.
  - - - -
  BEIJING/SHANGHAI - Police dispersed scores of people who gathered in central Beijing on Sunday after calls spread online across China urging pro-democracy gatherings inspired by protest rallies across the Middle East.
  - - - -
  CAIRO - Banks opened on Sunday after a week-long closure as Egypt's economy struggled to get back on its feet after political turmoil caused by the uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak and subsequent labour protests.
  - - - -
  NEW DELHI - India's government has bowed to opposition demands for a parliamentary investigation into a major telecoms corruption scandal, lawmakers said on Sunday, in a move to end months of deadlock and ensure passage of the upcoming budget.
  - - - -
  ISLAMABAD - The United States has halted drone attacks on militants along Pakistan's western border in a development analysts believe is linked to U.S. attempts to secure the release of a jailed U.S. consular employee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(c) 2004 XXXXXX XXXXX Group.  This message is information only and is not an offer or solicitation to buy/sell any instruments or services. It may not be accurate or complete and is subject to change.  We may use the information before it is sent.  We may have a position in, make or offer to make a sale/purchase in, make a market in or have underwritten or advised on any of the instruments mentioned, or their underlyings. You should take your own professional advice on issues relating to its content. This message is confidential, may be legally privileged and may not be redistributed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy it.  No liability is accepted for this message.

The above CO is a Multi Billion Dollar Bank.  Sounds to me someone's getting worried the monopoly game will end soon, lol
Cheers
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #3 on: 2011 Feb 21, 03:28:21 pm »

Besides since I've been listening to him I've made over 100% ROI on RJA Options Strike Price $11 and over 40% on some of my Modern Chinese Coin Collection and started investing in Silver under $18.  Im glad i found out about LBC cause yahl think like I do for the most part and yahl got some interesting and truthful news articles on the Economy-some geopolitics which I feel is super important too and how we should Invest based on condition on the ground, Cheers. 

Yeah, our news articles are probably bringing the second most amount of traffic to LBC, after our articles on coins and precious metals. If the growth rate continues, the news articles will bring more people to LBC than any other topic we write about, by far. Estimates based on our current growth rate say that we'll have between 100,000 and 200,000 readers each month, within one year. Right now, we have just over 7000. We hit the 7000 readers mark a few days ago, up from basically just me and Tamo42 Smiley

Great article by the way, Tamo42, as usual. I have a bad habit of ignoring the news and going with my instincts, which works for me, but there's a lot of value in your INTELLIGENT viewpoint on the news, compared to ordinary news that I don't bother poisoning my mind with.

In one article, you can present the fundamental picture that matters, while the rest of the news outlets just bombard people with noise and lies.

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #4 on: 2011 Feb 21, 03:55:17 pm »

GhostRider808, I agree that commodities will not fail overall, but the prices of the whole group can (and probably will) fall when the next, bigger collapse comes. Now whether that matters or not will depend on how well you are positioned. Of course, the masses will be in distress because they refuse to wake up to reality.

Neal McSpadden
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #5 on: 2011 Feb 22, 10:51:59 am »

ALCON,

Anyone know if one could get paid in yuans and or reminbis from eBay?  If not, how?  I DO NOT trust the dollar as it isnt backed by Gold/Silver.  14+ Trillions in debt CAN NOT be good and even if we taxed every Americans and illegals 100% of their incomes, we still wouldn't be able to pay off OUR debt, PLS advise...    =0 
GhostRider808
Serious Business

« Reply #6 on: 2011 Feb 22, 11:56:02 am »

GhostRider808, I agree that commodities will not fail overall, but the prices of the whole group can (and probably will) fall when the next, bigger collapse comes. Now whether that matters or not will depend on how well you are positioned. Of course, the masses will be in distress because they refuse to wake up to reality.

According to Jim Rogers the Commodities expert and Yale Grad,"  We are in the mist of a commodities bull cycle"  he went on to say, the commodities bull cycle wont end for at least a good 5-7 years.  GS bought their employees commodities futures and smart money (think  BIG 1.3B + est China) bought all the rights to 95% of all the commodities in the world. If the US wants to build warships/bridges/computers as our beloved Uncle Sam would tax us in the Trillions to bail out Foreign Countries and sponsor brutal dictators around the world and would rather pass on the cost for Generations to come.

Not to get too philosophical but this is simply-INSANE!  A baby that was born in 2010 got in debt over $44,000 not including unfunded liabilities on the FEDS own website.  If one we're to calculate all the unfunded liabilities like SSN/Pensions/medicare it would amount to over$200,000 for each and every Americans--There is NO FREE lunch here.  America will be remembered as a Nation that squander its Spectacular Wealth--Anyone that's reading this just use Google.  The info is at your finger tips but there's alot of DIS-INFO too.  If the Fed Res was audited like a Fotune 500 CO they would get investigated by the SEC.  Lets be real here and im sure all rational beings would agree there is no true free markets.  the stock market too is just going up through inflation but it will burst spectacularly and I stand to make Bank!  If We dont someone else will so why not? =)

Unfortunately, We the People MUST ask China for permission to build anything as our leaders feels its in their best interest not to use our own natural resources but this trend will change when the American people wake up to how royally screwed and poor they're going to be 2-4 years from now.  ASE sales like tamo42 said, " Is at record sale in XX territory and i firmly believe we will see XXX  goods/ services digits.   I Wish i was a bank and get money for near 0% interest and charge the American people over 60-80%!! I must say, I've been lucky thus far as I have a job that is recession proof, so far so good =)  I love Panda and Silver coins and 10oz silver bars then Gold in that specific order.  

Im stacked 10% pandas 70%silver bullion 10% stock call opt strike price $45 expiry Jan 2012 amongst other--Cant share all my secrets, haha.  nah just ask me.  

How are yahl allocating your investment portfolio cause I dont know about yahl im just using this to buy land and LOTS of land in the future--all over the world.  I just hope Im smart enough to sell at the peak =0.
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #7 on: 2011 Feb 22, 12:23:30 pm »

The rmb isn't backed by gold or silver either. You are on your own to protect your wealth.

Neal McSpadden
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #8 on: 2011 Feb 22, 05:02:48 pm »

America will be remembered as a Nation that squander its Spectacular Wealth

I love Panda and Silver coins and 10oz silver bars then Gold in that specific order. 

Im stacked 10% pandas 70%silver bullion 10% stock call opt strike price $45 expiry Jan 2012 amongst other--Cant share all my secrets, haha.  nah just ask me. 

How are yahl allocating your investment portfolio cause I dont know about yahl im just using this to buy land and LOTS of land in the future--all over the world.  I just hope Im smart enough to sell at the peak =0.

Many people I know are 80% to 100% in rare Chinese coins. I think 80% is a good figure that will work for anyone that's been reading my articles and participating in the forums for a long time. I'd put the remaining 20% into no more silver than you can carry, and the rest in food and other things that you may need if everything shuts down tomorrow. I think there are many good reasons to worry THAT much.

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: