Live Business Chat
2015 Sep 11, 06:46:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information. We don't like spam. If your first posts are about something you want from us, it is probably spam, and you will be banned in forums worldwide. No soliciting! If you have problems with the forum, contact badon in the business chat.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #41 - Dealers are buying  (Read 1347 times)
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« on: 2011 Jan 26, 10:31:43 pm »

Scroll WAY down to see the recommendations and skip the commentary!

Today was a slow day, but not in the ways you might think. Right now is not a good time to sell, but it is a good time to buy. Dealers are doing more buying than selling, to replenish their inventories. In the meantime, they're restricting the number of coins they're selling to just enough to keep them barely active on ebay, so they can retain their power seller statuses that come with ebay incentives.

Not much good stuff got listed today, but some of it that did get listed sold very quickly. I watched a 1986 empress of China coin in MS 70 get snapped up at $295 before I had a chance to list it in my article. The seller listed it too cheaply, the last one sold for about $500. Luckily, there is still a 69 graded coin on auction that has some potential to go for a bargain price, or at least a fair price.

Buyers are having a harder time finding good coins to buy, and the remaining coins are getting all the attention. I know lots of coins are going through the grading pipeline right now, so we'll see more good coins next time ebay offers sellers incentives to sell, or if the market decides to make a hard push upwards again.

I have been suspecting that the slowdown will not be as significant as everyone has been expecting. I'm seeing a lot of coins sell for very strong or even record prices, even if they're not graded. I believe it's the same few people buying them, and I think they're mostly dealers who plan to resell the coins for much higher prices.

Today really felt like the calm before the storm. I sense something is brewing - perhaps a surprise of some sort that will cut the slowdown short.

NCS and NGC refuse to help buyers find conserved coins for long term investment

I've talked a lot about NCS conservation of silver coins, especially the ones with the highest grades that were graded in the past. Coins that were not conserved before grading could degrade over time as invisible residues corrode their surfaces. That could make your investments virtually worthless!

There are nuances to which coins are worrisome, and which aren't, so I've recommended coins that look good despite not knowing whether they've been conserved or not. For example, an old silver coin that still looks good after many years is probably OK, and a newer panda that came from modern PVC-free packaging is probably OK too. But, the only way to know for sure is to only buy coins that have been conserved before grading.

Sadly, NCS and NGC continue to refuse to indicate on the holders if a coin has been conserved, even if requested. I have begged them to let me buy coins that I know will not become hunks of scrap metal over time, and they won't listen to me - just one person - but they will listen to the market as a whole. That means you. Everyone needs to contact NCS and tell them you want to buy coins that you know have been conserved. Tell them that you want to buy coins that NGC marks as conserved on their holders. Here's the person to contact:

Craig Fiumara
Numismatic Conservation Services
Operations Manager
Phone 866-627-2646  Ext. 145
Fax 941-360-2559
CraigF@NCScoin.com

Once we persuade them that we want to know that our coins are safe, they will obey our demands and start marking the conserved coins. Only then can we be reasonably certain (but never 100%) that our investments will not become worthless over time.

Recommended reading

Here's some recent articles of mine that can provide some guidance for investing in the current and coming market conditions:

* LBC makes me rich
* Wealth preservation: USA vs. China (By Zerosum)
* Coins are the hot new investment
* How high will the Chinese coin market go?
* 5 criteria to determine if a coin is a good investment
* 13 coin facts to learn for beginning investors of modern Chinese coins
* My First Chinese Panda Coin Purchase (By Tamo42)
* Modern Chinese coin investment strategy
* Don't be the "whale" that pays too much for an investment coin
* Modern Chinese coin commentary and market predictions - 2010-Dec-15
* What makes people buy up all the Chinese panda coins?
* Investing in rare modern Chinese coins, some questions answered
* Cash is king for 2011 - Get ready for the coming bargain hunt
* Foresight: Gold, silver, coins, etc will weaken after January or February 2011
* Rumor: Modern Chinese coin charts coming out soon
* Why does this business site talk so much about investments?
* The chess game of rich vs. poor

Gold and Silver Panda Coin Buyer's Guide Book

This is THE panda book, written by the world's foremost expert on Chinese panda coins. Buy the book before the coin. Enough said.

Pricepedia modern Chinese coin price guide with bonus using "LBC" referral code

$68.88 Buy-It-Now.

In addition to the book you can subscribe to the PricePedia, which gives up-to-date monthly pricing information on over 700 different coins, as well as a few pointers on what's hot or undervalued in the market. If you send a message to the author mentioning LBC for the referral code, you get a bonus list of undervalued coins, along with your subscription.

My choices

My top choice is still the 2007 1/4 oz silver 25th anniversary pandas. Platinum and palladium are becoming more popular, so I'd probably be interested in the 2004 1/2 oz palladium panda, and the 1990 1/10 oz platinum panda. The 1990 platinum panda has about half the mintage of the palladium panda, but is a bit cheaper, so I'd probably grab that one first. Then, I'd throw down some bids on the 2001 D gold panda, to see if I could get that for a bargain price. Same goes for the 1984 silver panda on auction.

If you have questions about investing in any of these coins, please ask. If you find a coin that seems like it should be listed here, but isn't, please tell me about it. I frequently wait to list a coin here until I've had time to do the proper research on it that's needed for me to give you the basic facts on each coin. If you'd like to see info faster on a particular coin, I can make it a higher priority for you. I've noticed people don't like asking questions, because they don't want anyone else to know they're thinking of buying a particular coin. People don't want to talk about the coins they're interested in due to "coin snatchers" grabbing them. Competition for the investment-grade coins listed in these articles is fierce!

Perfect 70 coins

Common silver 70 graded coins are very popular with "the masses" who are not serious collectors or investors, but since they're not rare, their valuations can be fickle. I recommend that once you've gained a comfortable profit, you should sell and reinvest the cash into rarer coins.

I've noticed sellers jacking up their prices on these coins once they get listed here, so I'm going to have to list them more carefully, with a mention of the price at the time they get included.

I have decided not to list the common, recent date gold 70 pandas because the rich vs poor market dynamics do not support the high prices that the common silver 70 coins can gain. In short, I've changed my mind that the gold counterparts are good places to put your investment money, even though they're significantly underpriced compared to silver coins. I don't think the comparison between gold and silver will hold up to enough of a degree to make it worthwhile to sink a good quantity of money into the common gold coins. The numismatic premiums will probably never reach the levels of the silver coins.

One of the gold coins listed in the wrong category was bid up to a level that no longer makes it an undervalued good investment, so I've removed that one too.

1993 1/2 oz gold panda PCGS MS 70

$3000 Buy-It-Now. Early date 70 coins are very rare.

Proof pandas

All the early proof pandas are what I like to call $10,000 coins, because I firmly believe within the next decade, you will have to pay $10k+ to obtain one. coins here meet at least 4 of the 5 criteria to determine if a coin is a good investment. The only one they may not meet is the one about conservation, which is less important as long as the coin looks good despite its age, and not very important at all for gold, platinum, and palladium.

If any of the silver coins you buy have white spots when you receive them, you should probably return it for a refund. The white spots may be correctable through conservation, but that's the seller's problem, not yours.

Now that the issue of which silver proof panda coin is the rarest seems to have been settled, the 1994 and the 1996 have increased rapidly in value. However, it turns out that all three of the top coins - the 1994, 1995, and the 1996 - have similarly small actual mintages. There's no one coin that is dramatically rarer than any of the others. The information I have says that all of them have mintages of around 7000 to 8000 coins. So, buy them all up whenever you can, as your cash holdings allow.

1984 27 g silver panda NGC PF 69 UC

These are hard to find, especially in investment-grades. Mintage 10,000. This could sell for anywhere from $1000 to $2000. My guess is that it will sell for the lower end of that range. Previous coins have sold for values between about $1200 and $2000, which is a wide range, so it will be interesting to see what this one goes for.

1987 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$1050 Buy-It-Now, or best offer. Mintage 31,000.

1988 1/2 oz gold proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM

$1150 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 8000.

1989 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$240 auction starting price, $265 Buy-It-Now.

1989 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM

$299 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 25000.

1989 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM

$265 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 25000.

$275 Buy-It-Now.

$350 Buy-It-Now.

NEW 1990 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$309 Buy-It-Now.

NEW 1990 1/4 oz gold proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM

$950 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 5000. A few weeks ago you might have been able to get this coin for half this price. Rare, but inexpensive small size gold proof pandas have been selling very well.

1990 1 oz gold proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$2398 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 5000.

1991 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$399 auction starting price, $440 Buy-It-Now.

1991 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$439 Buy-It-Now.

1991 5-coin proof gold panda set NGC PF 69 UC

1992 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$399 auction starting price, $450 Buy-It-Now.

1992 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM

$529 Buy-It-Now.

$450 Buy-It-Now.

$459 Buy-It-Now. Price increased from $449.

The official mintage for the 1992 coins is 20,000 but is probably lower, as is often the case for early coins. Prices have been steadily increasing, and this one has sold for $278 and $399 for a 69 specimen, and up to a whopping $738 for a damaged, ungraded coin. The $738 price was ridiculous, but it's a clue as to how crazy people get sometimes. The damage on the $738 coin is a torch sloppily engraved into it by a private coin dealer in Germany when the coin was first released. 3000 of them were damaged by the torch engraving, and word hasn't quite made it to all the collectors in China that the torch isn't supposed to be there. The Chinese dealers seem to be making good money by not telling them too!

So, we know that 3000 of these coins were damaged right when they were released, and I suspect that the Chinese dealers may be getting greedy, and they could be carving their own little torches into the surviving coins to try to score a $700+ price tag on a damaged coin. That means that, in addition to probably having a lower mintage than the official figures suggest, we already know that at least 3000 coins have been damaged. That makes this coin a good investment, because it doesn't cost more than coins that weren't damaged on a large scale.

I would grab this coin before word spreads that the little torch coins are actually damaged coins, and pristine coins are much rarer than people have thought. Only 109 have been graded a 69, which is about half as many as expected - but the coin does not cost twice as much! This coin is underpriced, and a good investment. Buy them when you find them.

1993 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$599 Buy-It-Now.

1993 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM

$988 Buy-It-Now.

1995 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$1099 Buy-It-Now.

1995 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$1099.99 Buy-It-Now.

1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

$749 Buy-It-Now.

1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC

NEW 2007 1/25 oz gold 25th anniversary 2004 panda NGC PF 70 UC

$129.99 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 18,000. About 75% majority of these earn a 70 grade. They're not rare, but they aren't seen often. It's an investment-grade gold coin that's very inexpensive, but may not increase in value quite so much as other coins in this list.

2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary panda 25 coin set

$1995 Buy-It-Now, or best offer. Mintage 30,000.

$1280 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 30,000.

Search for 2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary pandas

As a policy, I don't list coins that are not graded and authenticated by NGC or PCGS. However, this deal is too good to pass up, so I'm making an exception for it. I've seen the 2007 1/4 proof pandas sell for as cheaply as around $15 lately, but they're as rare as the other pandas selling for hundreds of dollars. There are many original sets of all 25 of the 2007 proof panda coins available on ebay right now. The lowest priced ones are about $900, and the highest priced ones are about $1300. At the highest price, that translates to only about $52 per coin! Compare that to the 1989 1 oz silver proof panda that has a similar mintage, and sells for $199 in a 69 grade.

Granted, almost none of these are graded. You'll have to know what you're doing to buy these, but I think you should be able to double your money on them easily once word gets out that you can still buy proof silver pandas for about the same price as an ungraded 2010 non-proof panda. Think it over - 2010 boring panda with a mintage of 3 million for $50, or a 2007 proof panda with a mintage 30,000 for $50. Don't be a fool, buy them up before sellers realize what they've got.

Platinum and palladium pandas

1989 1 oz platinum panda NGC PF 69 UC

$6450 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 3000.

NEW 1990 1/2 oz platinum panda NGC PF 69 UC

$3995 Buy-It-Now, or best offer. Mintage 2500.

1990 1/10 oz platinum proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM

With only 4500 coins minted, this coin is very rare. Add to that the fact that a huge portion, if not most of them, were used in jewelry or melted down, then there are probably very few surviving specimens in high grades. With a price of only $699, and half the mintage of a silver proof panda that sells for almost twice as much, this is a highly recommended investment, even though it's platinum, which is less popular than either silver or gold, and will make it more difficult to sell.

1990 1 oz platinum panda NGC PF 69 UC

$10,750 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 1300. The last one sold at auction for close to the asking price for this coin. It's been getting talked about quite a lot. Platinum is getting popular, it seems.

2004 1/2 oz palladium panda NGC PF 69 UC

$850 auction starting price. Mintage 8000.

$850 auction starting price. Mintage 8000.

$788.88 auction starting price. Mintage 8000.

2004 & 2005 1/2 oz palladium panda 2 coin set NGC PF 70 UC

$2888 auction starting price.

BU pandas

1982 gold panda 4 coin set NGC MS 69

$12475 Buy-It-Now.

I've been ignoring 1982 pandas for a long time, but I can't ignore them anymore. When they first came out near the end of the 1980's gold bubble, and before the numismatics boom of the late 1980's and 1990's, they were meant to be just ordinary bullion. China just wanted to make a gold bullion round to sell some of their gold production, so not much effort was put into the the design. The coins were frequently handled, dropped, scratched, dented, etc because no one thought they would end up being valuable in high grades.

It's technically only a medal, not a coin, because it has no face value. When it became more popular than expected, collectors requested that China put a face value on all the standard series pandas that followed. The Chinese government later retroactively insisted that the 1982 pandas are legal tender, though I don't know exactly what the face value is supposed to be.

The reason why a face value is so important is because legal tender anti-counterfeiting laws protect collectors by harshly punishing anyone that makes a fake. Medals have no such legal protection. However, China has had many governments during its history, and many different currencies. I have suspected that the details about whether a collectible metal disc is still legal tender or not matters comparatively little to Chinese people who have a long history of just using gold and silver in standard weights, instead of government-created things like dollars, yuan, renminbi, etc. However, medals without a face value have been slower to increase in value than the legal tender coins, so I haven't recommended them much in the past.

All that is changing. A few days ago, a medal sold for over $15,000 when it was expected to sell for $10,000. The bidding competition was unusually fierce, and coming from experienced collectors and investors with serious money to spend on coins. I have noticed the 1982 pandas have doubled in value during the last few months, and although they still don't seem to be increasing as fast as the other coins, I think that's actually an illusion. The other coins increase in spurts, as their popularity increases or decreases. The 1982 coins have always been popular, and they've been steadily increasing in value almost unnoticed.

When looking at the NGC grading populations for these "coins", it's clear they're rare in high grades. There are only 76 1/10 oz, 214 1/4 oz, 64 1/2 oz, and 79 1 oz coins graded in MS 69. Of those 4 sizes, the only one that isn't very rare is the 1/4 oz coin. The mintages for all of them are somewhat high compared to the mintages on the other coins I've been recommending, but for all but the 1/4 oz coin, they have good "grade rarity" and enormous popularity that makes them good investments. They're all extremely hard to find in a 69 grade, and complete sets are rarely seen. The 1/2 oz coin is the rarest overall, but the 1 oz coin has the most "grade rarity".

These prices are high, but where else can you find them in a 69 grade? There's just not enough of them out there. The 1 oz gold coin, for example, should have around 2500 coins on the entire planet that would grade 69 or better. That's NOT a lot of coins! I believe the 1982 pandas are a good investment. They may or may not perform as well as legal tender coins over the long term, but I think you'll have no trouble at all taking a profit and putting your money into something else if the high demand for medals does not continue. 1982 pandas are fortunately very easy to sell due to their high popularity.

2002 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 69

$99 auction starting price, $125 Buy-It-Now. The mintage of these is unknown. As a guess, I'd say the mintage was around 100,000. They weren't popular because they had the same design as the 2001 coins. They're not much more expensive than the more common coins with mintages of several hundred thousand, so I think this coin is a good buy for a person looking for a less expensive investment.

Large date and small date pandas

Investment grade large date and small date pandas

Pricing information is very immature for panda varieties so here's a search, not necessarily a list of recommendations, that shows you what I might have put in this article if there were more information available. Pricing is erratic, with no one quite sure what a fair price should be, not even the sellers themselves. That usually means everything is selling too cheap. Good luck, and get them while you can.

Lunar coins

1988 1 oz silver piedfort lunar dragon NGC PF 69 UC

$688 Buy-It-Now.

1999 1/2 oz gold lunar scallop plum blossom flower rabbit PCGS PR 69 DCAM

This coin is too expensive at $4300 - but it's the only one available. I posted about others that were available for half as much just a few days ago, but they're gone, so $4300 is your new price for those who weren't the lucky buyers of those other recommendations. This coin has a mintage of only 2300 coins, so I have no doubt you'll be able to sell it for $10k+ within a few years or sooner, though I do not recommend planning on selling it at that price because it could go FAR higher. You "overpay" now for a good coin just to get it, and then make your profits later. It's frustrating this price is so dramatically higher than the last coins that sold, but you won't get good coins if you don't pay what you have to pay to get them.

In short, is $4300 an unfair price to pay for a coin that was selling for around $2500 to $3000 only one week ago? No, it is not unfair at all. Expensive, yes, but if you have the cash, buy this coin. It will only cost you more later.

2006 1 oz silver scallop plum blossom flower lunar dog NGC PF 69 UC

$275 auction starting price, $325 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 80,000. This coin is a good investment, but its price is higher than other coins that are equally or more rare. I would buy this only if you "need" it for your collection. It is popular, which is why it's so expensive, and why I still chose to put it in my list. That's the most important investment criteria.

Other investment grade coins

1979 1/2 oz silver matte year of the child NGC MS 69

This is a great coin being offered at a fair price. Cheapskates keep offering low-ball prices, but this coin is worth every penny of the $15,000 asking price. The last coins sold for increasingly high values of $7000 to almost $10,000 recently, and none of them were graded. This coin has a high 69 grade, a low mintage, and is extremely popular. Don't be a cheapskate, pay the full asking price and grab it before someone else does. It is worth it.

NEW 1986 24 g silver empress of china clipper ship NGC MS 69

1986 24 g silver empress of china clipper ship NGC MS 69

$138 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 50,000 to 90,000 (sources vary). The last one sold for $120.

Question:

"What's the significance of 1986 CHINA S5Y SHIP EMPRESS OF CHINA (22.2g, not 24g as advertised) at $100 to 150? Its mintage is 75,000 so it's not that rare. Is there a cultural significance to it or what?"

Answer:

A few things are confusing about this coin: The weight, the mintage, the quality of the mintage, and the surviving population.

The COA for the coin says it's 26.6 grams, for example, while other sources claim a variety of other weights. I haven't actually weighed any of them yet though.  The information you have about the mintage and weight comes from the Krause catalog, which is known to have numerous errors that the authors are too lazy to fix, for decades at a time, from edition to edition, including simple spelling errors that spellcheck could fix instantly.

Mintage figures I've seen range from around 50,000 to 90,000. Regardless of what the actual mintage is, it's still arguably quite low. I have long suspected that these are rarer than people think they are, especially in high grades.

However, those are all just details that all take a backseat to popularity. The coin is not popular yet, but I think it has merely been overlooked because it wasn't intended for the Chinese market - the ship on the coin is American. The ship theme of the coin is what will make it popular, once it gets noticed.

There are a lot of oddball coins that don't fit in any specific category very well, because they weren't part of any sort of series. Having a recognizable theme makes it possible for an oddball coin to fit into a set, and become popular for the set. For example, China's maritime set was minted for only one year, with a very low mintage. It has become popular due to its low price relative to its rarity, and that popularity has spread to other coins with a ship theme. Some collectors consider dragon boats, and other ship coins to be part of their maritime set.

The quantity of coins that are almost always available for the 1986 coin leads me to believe that the mintage probably isn't terribly low. I think the rarity lies in grade rarity, since the coins are so frequently in poor condition, due to the lack of respect they received for seeming to not be rare.

If we go with the highest mintage estimate I can think of off the top of my head, at 90,000, then I would consider it to be a low mintage coin. I am speculating on this coin, since so little is known for certain about it, with much conflicting information.

I would not be an aggressive buyer of these coins, due to the uncertainties, but I would take bargains from time to time when they come available. The asking price for the coin I listed is $168, but I would put in an offer of $100, and see if the seller will take that. If not, I might wait a while to see if anything else turns up, and then possibly try another offer.

Either way, I think this coin is a $200+ coin in the near future, due it's under 100,000 mintage. It is included in my list specifically for people who cannot afford rarer coins, but still want something better than a $70 panda with a mintage of 300,000 to 600,000.

1990 1 oz silver world historical figures Beethoven NGC PF 69 UC

$80 auction starting price, $100 Buy-It-Now. Mintage 30,000. This coin is not popular, but it has potential to be. It is quite a bit rarer than most coins at the same price level, so that makes it a good value.

1995 1/2 oz platinum unicorn NGC PF 69 UC

$7888 auction starting price. Mintage 1015.

1996 1 oz silver piedfort kuan yin NGC PF 69 UC

$950 Buy-It-Now, or best offer. Mintage 5000. Price has been dropped to $550.

1996 1 oz silver proof unicorn NGC PF 69 UC

$399 Buy-It-Now.

1997 1 oz silver unicorn NGC MS 69

$99 auction starting price, $115 Buy-It-Now. The mintage for this is unknown. The unicorn series ran from 1994 to 1997, and was probably ended because it wasn't popular. The mint didn't bother to report a mintage figure for this coin, and so it hasn't attracted much attention like coins with known low mintages do. Being the last year for the coin, I suspect it has a lower mintage than previous years, but since nobody wants it, supply has been plentiful and prices have been low. I'm actually surprised to see one graded, because usually nobody bothers to get these graded. That makes it potentially a good investment, in my opinion.

1997 5 oz silver romance of the three kingdoms NGC PF 69 UC

$4400 Buy-It-Now, or best offer. Mintage 1500. Large size coins are difficult to find in 69 grade because their heavy weight means that they touch other objects, even a table top, with enough force to leave deep marks.

Helpful searches

These are helpful searches for coins, not necessarily a list of recommendations, like the other items in this article. If you didn't see anything you like above, you may find coins on your own here that I have ignored or overlooked. I've included an ebay search widget to show you a sample of search results, when possible (they don't always work, so I leave them out).

I'm not going to be able to keep track of when stuff in these searches sell, so you'll have to let me know if you invest in something from these automated searches, so I can include it in the list of other coins that have sold. It would also be appreciated if you posted your coins in the LBC makes me rich thread. Thank you very much!

Search for Chinese coins in 69 grade

Search for Chinese coins in 70 grade

Search for all Chinese coins

Search for proof pandas

Search for panda coins of all types

The items above are not necessarily a list of recommendations. In an effort to help out our small business members, any ebay seller listing that links to any page at www.livebusinesschat.com will show up in the list above (only a few at a time, sorted by time remaining). The name "Live Business Chat" must be somewhere in the auction, preferably as part of the displayed link. To make it easy, just put the following line anywhere in your ebay listing:

<a href="http://www.livebusinesschat.com/">Live Business Chat</a>

You can use that same line to link to us from any other website, also.

Sold recommendations

Total recommendations sold: $147,762.44

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #40 article, total: $5665

1988 1 oz platinum lunar dragon NGC PF 69 UC for $5500 Jan 26, 2011
2001 D 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 69 for $165 Jan 25, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #39 article, total: $4254.23

1990 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $299 Jan 25, 2011
1987 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $631.23 Jan 24, 2011
1990 1/2 oz gold proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $1198 Jan 24, 2011
1990 1/2 oz gold proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $1298 Jan 24, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary panda 25 coin set for $699 Jan 24, 2011
1986 24 g silver empress of china clipper ship NGC MS 69 for $120 Jan 23, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #38 article, total: $2183.44

2005 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $151 Jan 23, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary panda 25 coin set for $740.45 Jan 23, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary panda 25 coin set for $610 Jan 23, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver 25th anniversary 1997 proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $94 Jan 23, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver 25th anniversary 2005 proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $94 Jan 23, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver 25th anniversary 2006 proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $112.50 Jan 23, 2011
2009 1 oz silver 30th anniversary panda PCGS MS 70 for $161.50 Jan 23, 2011
1992 15 g silver marco polo NGC PF 69 UC for $219.99 Jan 22, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #37 article, total: $4855

1992 15 g silver marco polo NGC PF 69 UC for $199 Jan 22, 2011
1992 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $499 Jan 22, 2011
1994 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $900 Jan 22, 2011
1996 1 oz silver unicorn NGC PF 69 UC for $399 Jan 22, 2011
1994 1/4 oz gold proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $1598 Jan 21, 2011
1982 1/10 oz gold panda NGC MS 69 for $710 Jan 20, 2011
1988 1 oz silver proof dragon NGC PF 69 UC for $550 Jan 20, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #36 article, total: $8451.96

1990 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $299 Jan 20, 2011
2002 2/3 oz silver scallop plum blossom flower lunar horse for $976 Jan 19, 2011
2000 2/3 oz silver scallop plum blossom flower lunar dragon for $808.08 Jan 19, 2011
1993 1 oz silver fu lu shu NGC MS 69 for $263.88 Jan 19, 2011
1993 1/2 oz gold Mao Tse-Tung NGC PF 69 UC for $4800 Jan 19, 2011
1981 15 g silver lunar rooster NGC PF 69 UC for $1305 Jan 19, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #35 article, total: $399

1996 1 oz silver unicorn NGC PF 69 UC for $399 Jan 18, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #34 article, total: $11944.01

1988 1 oz platinum lunar dragon NGC PF 69 UC for $5600.01 Jan 17, 2011
1990 1 oz platinum horse NGC PF 69 UC for $5145 Jan 17, 2011

1992 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $450 Jan 16, 2011
1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $749 Jan 16, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #33 article, total: $7008.02

1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $771.04 Jan 16, 2011
1993 1/10 oz gold proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $1098 Jan 16, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary panda 25 coin set NGC PF 69 UC for $1095 Jan 15, 2011
1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $745 Jan 15, 2011
1989 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $255 Jan 14, 2011
1990 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $299.99 Jan 14, 2011
1993 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $599.99 Jan 14, 2011
2004 1/2 oz palladium panda NGC PF 69 UC for $895 Jan 14, 2011
1992 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $450 Jan 12, 2011
1995 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $799 Jan 11, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #32 article, total: $4741.88 (passed $100k in sold recommended investments)

1996 1 oz silver proof unicorn NGC PF 69 UC for $329 Jan 11, 2011
1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $729 Jan 11, 2011
1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $741 Jan 11, 2011
1995 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $765 Jan 11, 2011
1994 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $888.88 Jan 11, 2011
1993 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $404 Jan 11, 2011
1991 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $355 Jan 11, 2011
1990 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $275 Jan 11, 2011
1989 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $255 Jan 11, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #31 article, total: $3701

2004 1/4 oz palladium panda NGC PF 69 UC for $895 Jan 10, 2011
1993 5 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $2561 Jan 10, 2011
2008 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $150 Jan 10, 2011
1991 silver Albert Eintstein NGC PF 69 UC for $95 Jan 09, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #30 article, total: $299.99

1989 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $250 Jan 08, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary 2001-2002 panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $49.99 Jan 08, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #29 article, total: $4715.61

1992 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $450 Jan 08, 2011
1996 1 oz silver proof unicorn NGC PF 69 UC for $299 Jan 08, 2011
1999 1/4 oz gold large date serif panda NGC MS 69 for $3049.99 Jan 08, 2011
2005 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $143.60 Jan 08, 2011
2008 1 oz silver proof panda NGC MS 70 for $161.50 Jan 08, 2011
2009 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $159.51 Jan 08, 2011
2009 1 oz silver proof panda NGC MS 70 for $139.95 Jan 08, 2011
1989 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $250 Jan 07, 2011
2009 1 oz silver 30th anniversary panda NGC MS 69 for $62.06 Jan 07, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #28 article, total: $998

2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary panda 25 coin set for $700 Jan 07, 2011
1990 1/10 oz gold proof pandas PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $298 Jan 06, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #27 article, total: $18595

1989 8 g gold lunar snake NGC PF 69 UC for $800 Jan 06, 2011
1998 1 oz gold large date panda NGC MS 69 for $5500 Jan 06, 2011
2004 1/2 oz palladium panda NGC PF 69 UC for $895 Jan 06, 2011
2008 5 oz gold panda NGC MS 70 for $11,400 Jan 06, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #26 article, total: $869.95

2007 1/4 oz silver proof 25th anniversary panda 25 coin set for $700 Jan 04, 2011
2005 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $169.95 Jan 04, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #25 article, total: $823

1998 2/3 oz silver lunar scallop plum blossom flower tiger NGC PF 69 UC for $770 Jan 03, 2011
2007 1/4 oz silver 1989 25th anniversary panda NGC PF 70 UC for $53 Jan 02, 2011

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #24 article, total: $2408.11

2008 1 oz silver olympic kite flying NGC PF 70 UC for $88.01 Jan 02, 2011
2008 1 oz silver olympic goat jumping NGC PF 70 UC for $87.10 Jan 02, 2011
2008 1 oz silver olympic shuttlecock NGC PF 70 UC for $81 Jan 02, 2011
2008 1 oz silver olympic hoop rolling NGC PF 70 UC for $82.01 Jan 02, 2011
1996 1 oz silver small date panda NGC MS 69 for $99.99 Jan 01, 2011
1986 1/10 oz gold proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $280 Jan 01, 2011
1986 1/4 oz gold proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $540 Jan 01, 2011
1986 1/20 oz gold proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $150 Dec 31, 2010
1986 1/2 oz gold proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $1000 Dec 31, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #23 article, total: $2178

1996 1 oz silver small date panda NGC MS 69 for $85 Dec 31, 2010
1996 1 oz silver large date panda NGC MS 69 for $85 Dec 31, 2010
1992 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $449 Dec 31, 2010
1990 1/20 oz gold proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $298 Dec 31, 2010
1989 1/4 oz gold proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $598 Dec 31, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $95 Dec 31, 2010
1989 1/4 oz gold proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $568 Dec 30, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #22 article, total: $600.11

2007 1/25 oz gold 2004 15 yuan proof panda NGC PF 70 UC for $119.99 Dec 30, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $103.38 Dec 30, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $103.76 Dec 30, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $100.88 Dec 30, 2010
2009 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $86.05 Dec 29, 2010
2009 1 oz silver 30th anniversary panda NGC MS 70 for $86.05 Dec 29, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #21 article, total: $3975.38

2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $101.88 Dec 29, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $108.50 Dec 29, 2010
1987 1/4 oz gold proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $550 Dec 28, 2010
1994 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $1188 Dec 28, 2010
1995 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $799 Dec 28, 2010
1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $888 Dec 28, 2010
2003 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $340 Dec 28, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #20 article, total: $4541.93

1990 1/2 oz gold proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $1298 Dec 28, 2010
2009 1 oz gold panda NGC MS 70 for $1850 Dec 28, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $108.38 Dec 28, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $106.50 Dec 28, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $104.05 Dec 28, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 X 10 for $1075 Dec 28, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #19 - Don't buy ungraded coins article, total: $2316.24

1990 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $299 Dec 27, 2010
1992 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $399.99 Dec 27, 2010
2005 1/2 oz palladium panda NGC PF 70 UC for $1295 Dec 27, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $105.60 Dec 27, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $108.05 Dec 27, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $108.60 Dec 27, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments #18 article, total: $1716.48

1984 27 g silver panda NGC PF 69 UC for $1613.88 Dec 26, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $102.60 Dec 26, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments - 2010-Dec-24 article, total: $2089.19 (passed $50k in sold recommended investments)

2010 1 oz silver scallop plum blossom flower tiger NGC PF 69 UC for $275 Dec 24, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $105.60 Dec 25, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $108.60 Dec 25, 2010
1995 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $799.99 Dec 24, 2010
2004 1/2 oz palladium panda NGC PF 69 UC for $800 Dec 24, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments and commentary - 2010-Dec-23 article, total: $1901.60

1995 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $749 Dec 23, 2010
1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $569 Dec 23, 2010
2010 1 oz silver scallop plum blossom flower tiger NGC PF 69 UC for $275 Dec 23, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $103.60 Dec 23, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $102.50 Dec 23, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $102.50 Dec 23, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments - 2010-Dec-21 article, total: $6892.07

1985 27 g proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $1619 Dec 22, 2010
1989 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $199.99 Dec 22, 2010
1990 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $268 Dec 22, 2010
1990 1 oz silver proof panda PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $305.02 Dec 22, 2010
1991 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $300.02 Dec 22, 2010
1995 1 oz silver pig NGC PF 69 UC for $970 Dec 22, 2010
1995 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $655 Dec 22, 2010
2006 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 69 for $61 Dec 22, 2010
2006 1 oz silver scallop plum blossom flower dog NGC PF 69 UC for $280 Dec 22, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $102.50 Dec 22, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $105.54 Dec 22, 2010
1994 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $888 Dec 21, 2010
1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $569 X 2 Dec 21, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments - 2010-Dec-20 article, total: $8762.24

1983 1 g gold Marco Polo NGC PF 69 UC for $402 Dec 20, 2010
1996 1 oz silver proof panda NGC PF 69 UC for $569 X 2 Dec 20, 2010
1997 1/2 oz gold scallop plum blossom flower ox PCGS PR 69 DCAM for $2988 Dec 20, 2010
1998 1/2 oz gold scallop plum blossom flower tiger NGC PF 69 UC for $3551 Dec 20, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $66.89 Dec 20, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $97 Dec 20, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $109.50 Dec 20, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $119 Dec 20, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $123.50 Dec 20, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $126.30 Dec 20, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 69 for $41.05 Dec 20, 2010

Coins sold from the Recommended modern Chinese coin investments - 2010-Dec-19 article, total: $16,422

1986 24 g silver empress of china clipper ship NGC MS 70 for $499.95 Dec 19, 2010
1988 1 oz silver dragon NGC PF 69 UC for $565.55 Dec 19, 2010
1988 8 g gold dragon NGC PF 69 UC for $1325 Dec 19, 2010
1989 1 oz gold snake NGC PF 69 UC for $4100 Dec 19, 2010
1989 8 g gold snake NGC PF 69 UC for $965 Dec 19, 2010
1998 1/2 oz gold small date panda NGC MS 69 for $6087 Dec 19, 2010
1999 1 oz gold small date panda for $2351.99 Dec 19, 2010
2001-D 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 69 for $160 Dec 19, 2010
2001-D 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 69 for $144.99 X 2 Dec 19, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $125 Dec 19, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $97.50  Dec 19, 2010

Coins sold from older articles, total: $14,463

2008 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 70 for $150 Dec 18, 2010 (LBC makes me rich)
2010 1 oz silver panda NGC MS 69 for $42.05 Dec 18, 2010
2009 1 oz silver 30th anniversary pandas NGC MS 69 X 10 for $510.95 Dec 16, 2010
1986 5 yuan soccer NGC PF 69 matte KM-140A for $3950 Dec 15, 2010
1987 5 oz silver panda NGC PF 69 UC for $800 Dec 12, 2010
1989 5 oz silver panda NGC PF 69 UC for $960 Dec 12, 2010
2000 1/2 oz gold scallop lunar dragon PCGS PF 69 DCAM for $5895 Dec 12, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $105 Dec 10, 2010
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $125 Dec 08, 2010 (LBC makes me rich)
2010 1 oz silver panda PCGS MS 70 for $125 Dec 08, 2010
1983 silver proof panda for $1800 Dec 06, 2010
« Last Edit: 2011 Jan 26, 11:33:35 pm by badon » Logged

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: