Live Business Chat
2015 Sep 13, 04:25:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information. We don't like spam. If your first posts are about something you want from us, it is probably spam, and you will be banned in forums worldwide. No soliciting! If you have problems with the forum, contact badon in the business chat.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a repeat of 1873? It might be even worse.  (Read 1296 times)
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« on: 2011 Jan 10, 12:01:15 am »

1873 was early in the era known as "The Gilded Age". It was a time of great prosperity and economic expansion throughout the world. In the United States, the economy grew at the fastest rate ever recorded in its history. But, it wasn't all good. "The Panic of 1873", "The Great Depression of 1873", and "The Long Depression of 1873" were names for an ugly scar that tarnished that era of good fortune. It wasn't caused by war, disease, or any great event. It was caused by devaluation of the currency - in this case, silver.

What happened was the Western governments in the USA and Europe were devaluing the silver coinage that they were sending to the East, namely China, to pay for imported goods. They discouraged ownership of silver amongst the public, while China's people were accumulating silver (and other precious metals) being sent to them by the Western governments. Banks failed, the stock markets crashed, and America experienced a real estate bubble that popped.

The depression of 1873 lead inevitably to the depression of 1893, which in turn lead to the depression of 1933...and so on, and so forth. Each depression in the West was a time of great prosperity in the East. It's where phrases like "fine China" come from, that mean well-made luxurious imported products from China.

Does any of this sound familiar to you? What's that you say? Is that what's happening RIGHT NOW? Oh, you mean history is repeating itself AGAIN? Imagine that!

Things really get interesting when you realize that the long string of depressions that devastated the West, eventually produced numerous wars, including the rotting-skull carnage of WWI and WWII. In fact, the depressions didn't end until everyone that was causing them had died from either a bullet-hole or old age!

At the end of all that bloodshed, the only homeland left standing without a scratch were the Americans, who were too far away from both Europe in the West, and China in the East, to be attacked directly. While the American sons, fathers, and workers were being turned to red mist on foreign battlefields, the women in America filled their places on factory floors until the survivors could come home - at least that was the plan.

Instead, when the war was over, the women kept working, and the men kept working too. So, America's workforce was doubled literally over night after the last shot of WWII was fired. Nevermind the fact that millions of tons of American productivity had been literally thrown into the ocean during countless battles. Wars usually ruin economies - but with a doubled workforce and plenty of money to be made in rebuilding everyone else's rubble-cities around the world, America prospered.

Why do I bother mentioning all that? Because THAT part of history WON'T repeat itself. Everyone is already working in America - Both men and women. You can't double the workforce again without turning REAL mean and enslaving some unfortunate group of people...but that's another story, I hope...no, it's not really another story. That's already happening.

What you are witnessing before your eyes right now is the beginning of another long series of catastrophes that may one day be called "the depression of 2003", "the depression of 2013", or maybe "the depression of 2023". Or something like that. In any case, the West is facing upheavals that is already resulting in indescribable horrors that will probably run in spurts for the better part of the next century, or longer - unless something dramatic intervenes to stop it.

See also my article Is this a repeat of 1975? It might be even worse., which mentions events caused by the embargo of 1973. That'll keep everyone happy that's looking for a pattern of threes at the end of the dates Smiley

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Jan 10, 03:41:17 pm »

"the depression of 2013" yes for sure, might even be earlier!

badon lets say it happens and signs are that it will...dont u think this decade will be a dark one ( as u said few times). Who will actualy care about coins? There are so many problems ahead.. people will suffer and have a lot of other worries.....what if in the next years we see tons of coins hitting the market because ppl are trying to get cash to survive??? Prices wil drop down! If you do 1+1 it will happen and i cant imagine people will beg for rare coins. It might be a wrong timing to buy the coins now.
I know i know, right now prices are going high and so on. But if a though depression reaches us and it will, prices will go down and we wont even get half of the money we are paying now.. because noone will have the head for coins!!

All the darkness of the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle.
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Jan 10, 04:21:33 pm »

That's why I've been telling everyone to buy CHINESE coins. Just like in the past, when the West is suffering, the Chinese are prospering. You can get money by selling your coins to China.

If things get REALLY bad, like WWI and WWII kinds of "bad", then nothing will have value, not even human life. But, AFTER the wars end, and between depressions, times will be prosperous for those with money to buy things like coins, because they will be extremely cheap to buy from people who are desperate.

See my article, The chess game of rich vs. poor for some ideas on how to position yourself to survive, and come out better in the end.

In short, everyone will suffer. What matters is not avoiding suffering, because that will be impossible. Everyone is losing money right now, even very rich people and the ALSO the corrupt governments that have caused all this - there's no way to avoid it. What you can do is buy up all the good stuff, like what China is doing now to coins, gold, silver, etc. Then, when things get better, everyone will want those things, but only the smart rich people will have them.

That's why I keep saying DO NOT SELL YOUR COINS, even if prices go down. If times get hard, you will be able to travel easier with a few coins than you will with suitcase full of worthless paper money. Plan for catastrophes like food shortages, unemployment, riots and looting, invasions, wars, etc. You have to be able to get out of the way of those problems. Coins are very valuable, and very small, which makes them easier to travel with.

I don't think prices will go down unless wars disrupt trade and make it impossible to buy or sell. The trade war between the USA and China is already causing some of that, with prices in the West being MUCH cheaper than prices in China.

Being able to travel freely, and get out of the West for a while is the best plan you can have. If you go to China for a while, you will be a wealthy person with all your coins. It's a good plan!

You can profit greatly from all this WHILE IT IS HAPPENING, if you're smart, and you plan for it. People will need food, they'll need protection, and they won't have money for it. All they will have of value is hard assets. They'll trade you their gold and diamonds for a loaf of bread, just so they can live one more week. Most of them don't listen to people like me warning them to prepare, and get out of the West if they can.

Luckily, I think things will be a bit different in other ways this time. In the movie Casa Blanca, the refugees with piles of diamonds could not sell them. So many people had diamonds to trade for safe passage, that they were worthless. With the internet, and things like ebay, that is less likely to happen because markets are not isolated into just one place like Casa Blanca anymore. There will still be things like that happening, but not as severely, or for as long, as they used to.

Also, remember that there were breaks in between depressions. In the USA, there was the dot com bubble and Y2K in 2000. There was September 11, 2001. There was Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq...In between those times were relatively better times.

You know what's coming. You know basically what it will look like. You need to be able to survive for 18 months without needing to sell your valuables. Then, you need to be buying more valuables when they appear cheaply.

You're playing the chess game of rich vs. poor by buying Chinese coins right now. This is my game, and you're following me. This is how you take control of your future, by enduring and exploiting temporary disruptions to bring yourself higher each time, like climbing a staircase. You can't just follow me though, you have to "useurbrain" and learn to play the game for yourself. That way, you will know how to handle the tactics while I handle the strategy. You are the only expert on your own unique situation.

I can give you guidance. I can present you with choices, some of which are right for you, and some of which are not. But, even the ones that are not right for you, you still benefit from being presented with them in a manner that gives you the opportunity to learn from them without needing to suffer the consequences of a serious mistake.

Ultimately, the responsibility is yours to make sure you make the best future for yourself and your descendants. No amount of top-quality guidance can do that for you. You still have to make your own steps.

This is important, because the things you're asking are good questions about things that I already know how to handle, but have not talked about very much. Thank you for asking such good questions.

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #3 on: 2011 Jan 10, 04:34:47 pm »

i get it..its like a puzzle which is completing a bit more now after ur detailed answer. thank u a lot

badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #4 on: 2011 Jan 10, 08:31:47 pm »

No problem. If you have any other questions, please ask!

Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #5 on: 2011 Jan 11, 03:47:01 pm »

You need to be able to survive for 18 months without needing to sell your valuables. Then, you need to be buying more valuables when they appear cheaply.

do you actualy mean to buy more valuables within the 18 months or after the 18 months?

badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #6 on: 2011 Jan 11, 04:09:12 pm »

What I meant was that if you have your life arranged so that you can endure unexpected events for 18 months without selling your coins, you have done well. If you're doing so well that you have cash leftover to buy other people's coins, then you should do it when the opportunity comes.

I didn't mean it as a before and after scenario. I mean it as a strategy. For example, if economic turmoil causes coin prices to drop suddenly, you should have a plan to take care of yourself without getting desperate enough to sell your coins during a bad time. Other people won't be prepared, and so you can probably buy their coins cheaply.

I'm not saying that something specific is going to happen that takes 18 months. That's just an example. 18 months is a pretty typical timeframe for things to get better after something really bad happens.

Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #7 on: 2011 Jan 12, 07:50:41 am »

ahh i understand!

dobedo
Mogul

« Reply #8 on: 2011 Jan 12, 08:05:52 am »

History does not repeat itself, men do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: