Live Business Chat
2015 Oct 23, 01:40:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Several registration problems were fixed on 2015-03-17, including one potential account security issue. If you had difficulty registering before that date, please try again, and contact badon in the business chat if it doesn't work for you. Hotmail is having problems, so try another email service if you never receive any activation or notification emails from the forum. If you succeeded in registering before 2015-03-17, it is recommended that you login and change your password immediately on your profile page using the Account Related Settings link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Deal of the Day - Dec 22, 2010  (Read 862 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2010 Dec 22, 01:42:16 am »

I decided to put up some eBay auctions here for those of you wanting to get cheap silver.

If you've been following along, you know that sometimes you can get a great deal on under-market price silver by bidding smart on various auctions.

Often times the best deals are in what others consider to be junk.  Junk is in the eye of the beholder.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  Kingsford charcoal was developed as a waste wood product from the manufacture of Ford automobiles.  Turning waste into resources is probably the most efficient way to create new things.

So here we have an auction ending today:

847 Grams-Lunt Sterling Silver Forks-Scrap or Not

This is a great deal for several reasons.

First, it's an auction. That always allows for the possibility of a good price.  Snipe!

Second, it's under market value.  Necessary prerequisite to being a great deal.

Third, these are forks.  If nothing else, you can use them to eat.  Real silver silverware is very good to use because silver has anti-microbial properties.  It is much healthier to use than modern steels or plastics.

So, what's a good price?

90% of the market value of the silver, which is the most you should really pay for this kind of thing, is...

$665

Since shipping is free, that's the most I'd put in as a bid (snipe!).

Happy trading!
« Last Edit: 2011 Jan 07, 08:13:50 am by tamo42 » Logged

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #1 on: 2010 Dec 22, 01:50:05 am »

Just had this conversation in the chat:

[02:46] <+jeremylap> tamo42, what would u do with that melt it down?
[02:46] <@tamo42> depends
[02:46] <@tamo42> i'd probably just hold for a while and resell
[02:47] <@tamo42> but you could melt it, sure
[02:47] <@tamo42> actually, i'd clean it, eat with it, wait for rise in silver, then sell as forks instead of silver

The essence of business is adding value.  This can be done in a million different ways.  Simply cleaning the forks and presenting them as silver forks instead of just junky looking silver is a way to add value to the item.  Yet another reason this auction is a good deal.

Neal McSpadden
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #2 on: 2010 Dec 22, 10:36:48 pm »

Looks like whoever got this deal went slightly over my recommended price.  That's OK.  Still a great deal at 91% of melt value.

Neal McSpadden
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: