Live Business Chat
2015 Oct 11, 11:18:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Several registration problems were fixed on 2015-03-17, including one potential account security issue. If you had difficulty registering before that date, please try again, and contact badon in the business chat if it doesn't work for you. Hotmail is having problems, so try another email service if you never receive any activation or notification emails from the forum. If you succeeded in registering before 2015-03-17, it is recommended that you login and change your password immediately on your profile page using the Account Related Settings link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay Silver and Gold Auction Questions  (Read 1169 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2010 Dec 20, 12:40:09 am »

This is the thread to ask about any auctions you are looking at.  I will analyze them and tell you what the real values are.  Post early! It might be many hours or a day later before I have a chance to check it out.

When you post, also include your thoughts on what you plan to do with it.  Your goals do not effect the market price, but it might make certain items more acceptable than others.  For example, if you are looking at an unbroken necklace, that has the ability to be actually worn.  You might very well be able to get a better resale price than for a broken necklace.  It all depends on the item, what contacts in the world you have developed, and what you want to do.

Happy trading!

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #1 on: 2010 Dec 24, 05:08:51 am »

http://cgi.ebay.de/25-Teile-800er-Silber-Besteck-6-Personen-neu-/320633530146?pt=Silber&hash=item4aa73f6722

the whole 25 pieces have a weigt of  1317 gramm   800er Silver

What do u think?

All the darkness of the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle.
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #2 on: 2010 Dec 25, 01:40:59 pm »

Was thinking as an investment and same time to use it actualy. And in few years we see whats up?!

tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #3 on: 2010 Dec 25, 09:28:30 pm »

I'll post an in depth reply tomorrow. I am at the in laws for Christmas right now, so I'll post when I get home.

Neal McSpadden
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #4 on: 2010 Dec 28, 03:43:34 pm »

There is an issue with this auction.  It appears that the bottom six pieces in the main image are knives.  Google translator says they are listed as forks, but they sure look like knives to me.  Knives are problematic for 2 reasons.  One, the blades are usually steel instead of silver.  Two, the handles are often filled with sand or lead to make them balance better.

I'd pass.

Neal McSpadden
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #5 on: 2010 Dec 29, 06:38:43 am »

oh ok, thanks for that.

brandonschlichter
Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: 2011 Jan 03, 04:40:27 pm »

I'm looking at a few pieces of silverware and stuff that's supposedly marked sterling, in response , one seller told me this about their set :
( *  ROGERS  & BROS 12 )     ( KEENKUTTER )    ( COMMUNITY PLATE )      ( Wm ROGERS & SON 12 )     ( HOLMES & EDWARDS 12 )      ( Younex  ASSOCIATED SILVER CO. )         (WATERBURY . CONN. )      (WARRANTED 16 DWT . )
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #7 on: 2011 Jan 03, 08:03:23 pm »

I would skip the comment plate one, as it is probably plated and not true sterling. 16 dwt means 16 diamond weight, which is 0.8 ounces - very little. The rest of it sounds fine, but there are enough red flags here that I would want to inspect the pieces carefully. If you decide to go ahead, look for things labeled with a 'p' or 'ep' or 'plate' or similar. Those are all abbreviations for electroplated silver - a thin silver layernover base metal.

Neal McSpadden
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: