Live Business Chat
2015 Oct 22, 10:02:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a friendly non-profit discussion group about making money. Click the "NOTIFY" button every chance you get to receive instant alerts about new information. We don't like spam. If your first posts are about something you want from us, it is probably spam, and you will be banned in forums worldwide. No soliciting! If you have problems with the forum, contact badon in the business chat.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Momentum Trading - What I'm Watching This Week (Dec 19, 2010)  (Read 1201 times)
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« on: 2010 Dec 19, 09:15:06 pm »

This week, the stocks that have caught my eye are: AKAM, ANN, ANV, AVB, CMG, CTSH, DPS, F, FFIV, HLF, HXL, INTU, LZ, NFLX, NTAP, SPRD, TIBX, WRC.

All of these have made my short list because they share certain criteria. 

First and foremost, they are in a long term uptrend. 

Second, they have recently settled down.

Third, they are either reaching support or have reached support.

Remember the overall strategy: find a rising tide, catch a rising wave.  The long term uptrend shows that the tide is rising.  The settling down and reaching support show that a new wave may be starting. 

Tomorrow, I'm paying special attention to AKAM, ANV, CMG, CTSH, LZ, SPRD, TIBX.
« Last Edit: 2010 Dec 19, 09:31:54 pm by tamo42 » Logged

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #1 on: 2010 Dec 21, 11:24:34 pm »

ANV has already gained a dollar, and looks to be starting to fire.  NFLX has also popped back on my close-watch list.  It seems to be bouncing off a strong support line.

Neal McSpadden
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #2 on: 2010 Dec 22, 04:34:19 pm »

Remember the overall strategy: find a rising tide, catch a rising wave.  The long term uptrend shows that the tide is rising.  The settling down and reaching support show that a new wave may be starting. 

that sounds so simple but is so hard to be honest...

All the darkness of the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle.
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #3 on: 2010 Dec 22, 04:39:09 pm »

What do you see in this chart?

Neal McSpadden
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #4 on: 2010 Dec 22, 04:40:24 pm »

I see that from august the stock is rising. Slightly pulling back and then rising again.

Edit: actualy this is rising for ages... but if i look from the august point yes slightly pulling back and then up again

tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #5 on: 2010 Dec 22, 04:48:35 pm »

That's all there is to it Smiley.

Like I've said before, there is no guarantee, but we can stack the odds on our side.  So here we have a rising trend.  Each time the wave crashes (at a higher level than the last one), we look for a new wave. 

So a smart pattern would be buy Sep 21, sell Sep 30 (win); buy Oct 21, sell Oct 28 (even); buy Nov 19, sell Dec 1 (win); buy Dec 22, sell Huh

I actually jumped the gun a bit and bought some around 12/6.  Sold for a loss, and am back in now.

Neal McSpadden
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #6 on: 2010 Dec 22, 04:52:53 pm »

but look how much one share costs. You must buy a bunch to make actualy a win! Theoretically you could do this too with stocks that cost  each 10 dollar or less..right?

tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #7 on: 2010 Dec 22, 04:56:24 pm »

Sure, this works with any stock that is in a rising trend.  I just happened to be looking at NFLX.

Also, I buy options, so my costs are more in the $1-$5 range, but you have to buy 100 at a time.  But that's strategy.  Strategy comes after identifying momentum.

Neal McSpadden
FanofBadon
Serious Business

« Reply #8 on: 2010 Dec 22, 04:59:33 pm »

you have just opened my eyes for something that might be so simple to you but was really hard for me. Thank you

tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #9 on: 2010 Dec 22, 05:01:23 pm »

I hope it helps.  It's like anything else, things are hard at first.  10 years later you look back and realize how easy it is to you now Smiley.

Neal McSpadden
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: