Live Business Chat
2015 Sep 06, 12:44:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Several registration problems were fixed on 2015-03-17, including one potential account security issue. If you had difficulty registering before that date, please try again, and contact badon in the business chat if it doesn't work for you. Hotmail is having problems, so try another email service if you never receive any activation or notification emails from the forum. If you succeeded in registering before 2015-03-17, it is recommended that you login and change your password immediately on your profile page using the Account Related Settings link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: economics  (Read 1712 times)
dummybear
Almost Nobody

« on: 2011 Aug 18, 01:31:06 pm »

What is the short run and long run concept in economics?
badon
Administrator
Capitalist Pig

badon™

« Reply #1 on: 2011 Aug 18, 09:42:11 pm »

I'm guessing it has something to do with the timeframe. Usually questions like this come from a book, and each book teaches you something different. Most of it is not necessarily fundamental in any way - it's just the point of view and jargon of the author.

If families are a problem for the system, then we must reject the system, not the families.
Founder of the Coin Compendium (forum, blogs, calendar, images, donate, contribute).
LBC makes you rich, with a free ebay gift certificate awarded every month!
The Coin Compendium and the china-mint.info forum, censure, disclosure.
Do not PM questions. Answers should be publicly available.
Backup is not enough. Protect your data with MultiPar.
Writer of LBC Chinese coin investment articles (list).
About me: User:Badon - MediaWiki.org
Badon effect: type 1 to 8, type 9.
I type faster on a TypeMatrix.
Use my work. Give credit.
Coin, medal, whatever!
Coin storage advice.
FreeArc is amazing.
User contributions for Badon - Coin Compendium
tamo42
Capitalist Pig

« Reply #2 on: 2011 Aug 19, 10:09:33 am »

More basically, they just mean "sooner" and "later."

Neal McSpadden
Get Coin Investments List Updates Here
The Primal Prepper - my blog about preparing for the worst while living the best
SuccessTrader
Almost Nobody

« Reply #3 on: 2012 Sep 27, 04:20:20 pm »

basically, the difference between the two is that in the short run, at least one factor of production cannot be changed (e.g Machinery, capital), whereas in the long run all factors are variables. Hope it helps
AtulVajpayee
Almost Nobody

« Reply #4 on: 2014 Nov 29, 05:59:59 am »

In the books of economy, the term short-run can be described as a term where within a certain period of time at least one input is fixed while others are variable. Short-run does not include the definite period of time whereas Long term concept is that where all the factors of production and costs are variable. Under the short run concept the firm keeps on operating even if is it running under the unprofitable condition. On the other hand, the long term firm can wind up with all its assets and liabilities at its poor situations occurring in the finance sections. In the long run, the competitors can easily make an entry as well as an exit depending upon the future profit gaining prospectus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: